Pages

Lords of Acid 11-3-2017

Greetings my little Darklings and Snarklings!

I just wanted to talk a little bit about a concert that I went to Friday 11-03-2017. The headliners were Lords of Acid. Pretty great right? What really sold me was the fact that Combichrist was going to be playing and I am a fan of their work. It just has interesting beats and who else will say things like "This shit will fuck you up" on their band t-shirts?

So here's how it goes:

We (Me, Batsz, and G-man) get to the venue relatively early so we can poke around, socialize, check out what's going on. You know. Normal procedure when arriving that early. All three of us are dressed up in goth clothes. I helped G-man learn to put his liner on. Batsz had me jab him in the eyes with it (Ha!). I wanted to make sure they knew how to do it on their own.

First band is already playing. Three of the members had face masks or paint on, and the other band member was just like... Total straight guy. The band was called God In A Machine. They did some pretty good music. Very industrial. Lots of noise. I loved their song "Grinder" because the lead singer took a metal bar attached to his crotch and used a grinder to shoot sparks everywhere. It was really fucking cool. Two thumbs up for these guys.

Next band up is this band called Night Club. Their bass was so heavy during the setup for their set and I was kind of nervous that they would just overwhelm me. Not so. The duo had some really good songs, I can't quite remember names of them. I had heard some of them before, in fact. But they were pretty good.

Then, was En Esch, which apparently had members of KMFDM in it. Batsz and G-Man really liked it, but I'm a fan of slightly different music. I did enjoy some of it though. My favorite thing to do is guess what they're saying in German, since I am teaching myself German for fun.

Up next was MY personal favorite, Combichrist. They put on such a good show. They were all over the damn stage and the beats were awesome. They played two songs that I absolutely love and all three of us were singing along to them with all our little hearts. It was magical. Everyone said that this was a really awesome show from them.

Finally, Lords of Acid. I'm slightly disappointed in them. This was my first time seeing them and Batsz and G-man were bragging on what a great show they put on. Their show seemed a bit tired (it was the final show of their tour I guess) and at the end they just kind of stopped playing abruptly. I was told two different reasons, one being they were stopping because they had a meet and greet and the other because there was a curfew. Either way, I doubt I'll see them again live, but I'll still be listening to their music.

And that's about how it went. Sorry I didn't get to update it until today.

Much love,
Vyvyan Wormwood
The Mind Behind the Darkest Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lords of Acid 11-3-2017

Greetings my little Darklings and Snarklings! I just wanted to talk a little bit about a concert that I went to Friday 11-03-2017. The hea...