Pages

30 Facts About Myself

Hey there Little Darklings and others!

I thought if I gave you some random facts about myself that you might like to get to know me better. What better way than to do the little fact post about things I do and like. I can't wait to share all of this with you. You guys are super amazing. As Jimmy from South Park says, "Man. What a great audience."

Here we go.

1. I speak a variety of language, but I only speak three of them relatively well. English (of course), Spanish (I know enough to get me in trouble, but not enough to form coherent sentences), and now German (I can introduce myself and count and do a little flirting thanks to DuoLingo). The other languages that I know are French, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese. The latter languages I only know enough to ask where the bathroom is and how to find it. Also, I know some American Sign Language. It's super handy. I love doing it and helping people out.

2. I really love helping people out. I always feel that if I needed a hand, I would want someone to be like me and help out. It's like that quote says, "Be the change you want to see in the world." I live by that quote.

3. I work at Joanns. I do a lot of crafting and I refer to myself as a Hobby Hoarder. Ha!

4. I like to make my own clothing. I'm not particularly good at it, though.

5. I read the Tarot and other divination methods. My favorite divination method is the Black Mirror and also the Tarot. It's kind of a toss-up on those two.

6. I am Goth. Obviously. I consider myself to be a combination of Romantic, Nu, Trad, Lolita, Corp, and Casual Goth.

7. My favorite game to play is "Guess the Goth Band." If you ever ride in the car with me, you will find yourself playing along with me.

8. I have a loving boyfriend who goes by the name of Batsz and Ex Mortis. He is an Elder goth. He is also 15 years older than I am. We find that time is just something to tell where you were in time and has nothing to do with how romantic you are.... Unless of course you are underage. We don't like pedophiles obviously.

9. I am pagan. I follow a Hedgewitch's path. I do a lot of herbal crafts and things to mess with around the house.

10. I make most of our incense, besides the Nag Champa that we buy at one of the local new age shops. Our favorite smells are Nag Champa (obviously), Darkest Sandalwood (from a store I will not name), and my version of a Christmas/Yule scent called "Dragon Breath." I'm considering selling or posting the recipe for it.

11. Most of my favorite people to talk to are all online. I used to chat with people all over the world in various chat servers and all of my best friends are all over the US or in other countries. I have very few people who are in my local area who are my friends.

12. I have a bad time with wanting to edit everything. I do not like bad grammar and spelling, even though mine isn't exactly the best. If I see an obvious error, I try to fix it or I point it out.

13. I watch the news in the mornings in a very specific order. My favorite Newscaster is Mitch English on what is our channel 25 Fox news in the morning. He is hilarious and always has something snarky to say (which makes my little goth heart happy).

14. Most of my family is from the East Coast. I don't think I have family past the midwest.

15. I play the flute, the guitar, and the keyboard. Unfortunately, I only play the flute well. I know how to play my school's fight song by muscle memory.

16. I am Plus Sized and my favorite store to shop at for clothing is Torrid, which is owned by the people who also own Hot Topic. I do a lot of my clothing shopping online on stores from overseas. It's hard to get just the right size, but as someone who knows my measurements by heart, that makes it much easier.

17. My old goth name is the stereotypical "Raven." The story behind it is that when I was in high school, my two friends and I decided that we would all have nicknames. Because I was the most stereotypical goth in our school, the decided to name me Raven The Omnipresent because I was such and also I was continually popping up literally everywhere all over the school. It was hard to get away from me.

18. My new goth name is Vyvyan Wormwood.

19. My actual name is Jet. (I won't be posting the long version of my name, as that is rather personal. This is what everyone calls me at work and other things)

20. My favorite television show is RuPaul's Drag Race.

21. I am genderfluid.

22. I am Asexual.

23. I can smell colour and feel music. It's an interesting experience.

24. I have Misophonia; A rare condition that causes me to become blackout angry or blackout sad. There are a few things that trigger it and cause me to become violent. Over the years I have learned to sort of control what I can of it with Mindfulness training.

25. I love cosplay and I used to cosplay all the time when I was younger. It was a fun way to use my sewing and crafting skills and also have a really great time with my friends. I also plan on getting back into it.

26. I love chainmaille. I'm not particularly good at it, but I love doing it. It's rather soothing.

27.  I used to hate clowns because a large inflatable costumed one almost stepped on me when I was younger. I find this to be a valid reason for being afraid of them. "Looking creepy" has nothing to do with it and I find that ridiculous. #sorrynotsorry

28. I have several blogs and social media to keep up with as much as I can. It's amazing. Social media is like magic.

29. I am an Empath, and can feel emotions over the internet. It's a rather handy skill.

30. I can't wait to get to know my audience better. You people are all very amazing and it's cool that you will get to know me some.

Feel free to drop some questions for me in the comments and I will answer them whenever I can.


Thanks friends!
Vyvyan Wormwood
The Mind Behind the Darkest Designs

2 comments:

  1. Another fellow goth hedgewitch! *waves* That Yule incense recipe sounds interesting, I really can't stand the majority of incense sold in new age/occult shops. They are either cheap sticks dipped in synthetic oils, or herbal blends that have been sitting on the shelves for too long and exposed to light/heat. Hoping to learn how to do incense cones soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incense is actually super easy to do. I suggest picking up a copy of "Wylundt's Book Of Incense." I have two copies. It is insanely helpful and it breaks down the approximate amount of saltpeter that you have to use with things. The trouble is when you combine things; the amount changes and you kind of have a little guesswork so you need to test something out before you make it properly. Oh, and ALWAYS take notes on what you're creating.

      Lots of love!
      -Vyv

      Delete

Lords of Acid 11-3-2017

Greetings my little Darklings and Snarklings! I just wanted to talk a little bit about a concert that I went to Friday 11-03-2017. The hea...