Pages

The Extroirdinary Goth Tag




 Hello my little Darklings and Snarklings. It's time for some more getting to know you stuff. I found this tag on youtube and decided to bring it on over here. It may already be a tag on here, but I haven't seen it yet so I'm going to do it. Here we go.



Questions:
1. How long have you been identifying as Goth? Pretty much most of my life. I was raised by bikers/hippies who really liked watching horror movies (Hellraiser in particular) and watching the surgery/medical channel while we were eating dinner. The macabre is all around.

 2. What was your first encounter with the Goth subculture? Probably when I noticed some people at the mall walking around. I wanted to be like them but I didn't know how to do it. Then I "discovered black" as my mom likes to tell the story (she's very fond of it and it IS hilarious). It all went haywire from there.

3. How many items of crushed velvet clothing do you own? Oh man. I don't know. I know at least one skirt that I wear to work all the time. It's penne I think so it's pretty washable.

4. What is your favorite/least favorite Goth clothing staple? I'd have to say my favorite clothing staple is a parasol or fan. My least favorite clothing staple? Oh man. I don't know. I really like pretty much everything.

5. What widely accepted Goth band can you not stand? Probably Skinny Puppy, but I'm not sure if they're classified as goth or industrial or what. Please don't hate me. They sound like noise (and I have misophonia).

6. In the Goth subculture, there is a lot of death imagery. What meaning does this hold for you specifically, if any? Hmm.... death imagery. Yeah I don't care. I'm pretty much a nihilist. Sure I believe reincarnation happens. Sometimes. Probably. But for the most part everything is pretty pointless. Oh, and it's probably going to hurt.

7. What is your favorite piece of Gothic literature, and can you name your three favorite characters from Gothic lit? Hmmm.... I mean, the typical Edgar Allen Poe. I honestly don't think I know that many gothic characters. I tend to read weird shit or paranormal shit. Oh, and pagan shit. Lots of pagan shit.

 8. Who are your three favorite Goth bands/artists?  Siouxsie and the Banshees, The Birthday Massacre, and Wolfsheim

9. What are your three all-time favorite songs to dance to in the Goth club? "Kiss them for me" by Siouxsie and the Banshees, "People Are People" by Depeche Mode, and "Sparrows and the Nightengales" by Wolfsheim.

10. What is the funniest encounter you have ever had with someone in response to your Goth appearance? I've had people ask me if I was going to a play in a pizza restaurant. Around Christmas. What the heck play would I be in when I am in full on white face with black lipstick and stuff.... around Christmas. Am I the Ghost of Christmas Past or something? I dunno. I thought it was amusing. Especially since it was the owner of the establishment and he wanted me to get a picture with Santa Claus. Life is funny.


Well, there's some stuff to look at. It's not crafty, but it's about me. And sometimes you like to know about the person behind the crafts. I hope you see the humor in what I do. I also hope that you don't find my beliefs offensive. I'm pretty open to everyone's beliefs. There are a few I don't care for, but that's normal. C'est la vie.

Lots of love little batlings,
-Vyvyan Wormwood
The Mind Behind the Darkest Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lords of Acid 11-3-2017

Greetings my little Darklings and Snarklings! I just wanted to talk a little bit about a concert that I went to Friday 11-03-2017. The hea...